CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Spotlight Author with Karin Harlow

Can you believe how quickly summer is approaching? It seems I have only blinked my way into the middle of May! Too crazy! I'm so excited to introduce to you a new author Karin Harlow! She is here today to share with us her debut paranormal romantic suspense novel ENEMY LOVER. With that I am going to let you take the floor Karin and tell us all about your exciting new series.

First I'd like to thank you, Micole for inviting me! ENEMY LOVER my debut paranormal romantic suspense, releases May 25th! it's book one in my L.O.S.T., last Option Special Team, series. I could not be more excited. here's a quick blurb:

It's Jax Cassidy's first mission for L.O.S.T.--one that will give the former cop who went rogue a chance to prove herself. her assignment: gain the trust of assassin Marcus Cross... eliminate him... then take down Marcus's mentor, Joseph Lazarus, a man with a bold eye on the White House. But the woman who's known by her team for being femme fatale succumbs to passion, only to discover Cross's deadly secret. he's a vampire, and Joseph Lazarus is his creator.

Left for dead by his platoon in violent hills of Afghanistan, special ops sniper Marcus Cross was given a second chance at life. his newly heightened skills make him the perfect killing machine, and as Lazarus's right hand man, he's quickly rising to the top of his dark empire, purging enemies with speed and precision. Only when dangerous beauty Jax Cassidy is sent to bring him in does he begin to question Lazarus's motives and his own actions. But when Jax's life is threatened by the one thing that can destroy them both, Marcus must make a better choice--her death or his.

How's that for temptation??? I can hardly wait to get my hands on a copy of this book! I didn't want the blurb to end! What can Karin Harlow fans look forward to this year?

The May 25th release of ENEMY LOVER!

Can you tell us what you are working on now or is it top S.E.C.R.E.T?

Book two of the L.O.S.T. series. No title yet, but my L.O.S.T. hero Nikko Cruz heads down to Miami and the sultry club scene in search of a notorious black widow whose latest victim was the son of a prominent Police Chief. turns out Nikko gets more than he bargained for, the black widow is a demon hunter with her own agenda that focuses solely on revenge.

I love that name Nikko. I have it on my "hero names list" just waiting to have his story told! ;-0 This story sounds just as enticing as ENEMY LOVER. Can't wait to see this one either.

If you had to pick one character in your books, who would be your favorite? And why. or if you don't have a favorite... which one do you connect with the most? And why?

I love Jax Cassidy in ENEMY LOVER, she is the woman I would love to be but am not brave enough to be. If I had to describe her in one word it would be: amazing. the other aspect of Jax, is she brings the very dark and very dangerous vampire, Marcus Cross to his knees.

What would you say makes your writing unique?

I write it like it is. I never make excuses for my characters. In ENEMY LOVER Jax is on her way to prison for premeditated murder. Not attempted murder, not second-degree murder, not, ops,-I didn't-mean-to-kill-him murder. She is a bad ass cop who crosses the line. Read ENEMY LOVER to find out why. ;-)

What is your writing process? Plotter or Panster?

Panster. But, before I begin a story I must know who my protagonists are, what they want, how far they will go to get it and the same for the villian.

How long was your road to publication?

It took me 3 years and 3 or 4 manuscripts to sell.

Any advice for aspiring authors?

Write, write, write some more, hone your craft and do not, under any circumstances give up!!

Do you have any tricks of the trade you are willing to share with us?

I'm a pretty basic writer. I sit down every day and write. I don't have any special procedures or books I've read for light bulb moments. I've always been a trial and error kind of girl. it takes me longer but once I get it, I get it.

What has been your biggest fear that you have had to overcome as a writer?

That my writing is too lean. While I can tell a good story, and my characterization is solid, I'm a succinct writer, and sometimes I worry that I'm too succinct. But it's my voice and when I try to mess with it, it ain't purdy.

What do you do when you get stuck?

I throw a plot wrench none of us, me or my characters, saw coming. It messes things right up and calls all characters to action!

How do you deal with criticism?

I'm thick skinned and water-tight. We we're all entitled to our opinions and I don't begrudge anyone theirs. the only person whose criticism of my stories that matters to me is my editor's. If she no likely, then we work it out. I trust her implicitly.

Now just for fun...


Fast Five


If you were on a deserted island, what is one thing you couldn't live without and why?

Fresh water. Coz without it I would die. ;-)


Favorite Book Ever-

The Wolf and the Dove


Cowboy or Businessman-

A cowboy in Versace.


Bright Sunny Day or Cozy moonlit Night-

Sunshine!


TV Show that may not be your favorite, but it stops you in your tracks and you can't walk away from it when it's on-

ugh- that train wreck called Wives of the OC!


Thank Karin for stopping by the Micole Writes Romance blog. I wish you much success on the release of your book ENEMY LOVER!!! Congratulations!


Thank you again, Micole for having me!


It has been a pleasure! I would love to have you back when the next one releases! But for now... you can find Karin's books most any place that sells books!!! Or http://www.karinharlow.com/ you can find her on Facebook, Twitter and Myspace. She's also giving away L.O.S.T. goodies i.e really cool mugs, bookmarks and every once awhile L.O.S.T sleeveless tees!!! You read it right! Make sure to go and check all of it out! See you next time friends.


Hugs


Micole


5 comments:

Edie Ramer said...

Great interview! I love it that you make no excuses for your characters. I tend to make excuses for mine, and need to stop that.

I'm so eager for your book to come out! Not long now.

Micole Black said...

Edie. I am so glad that you made it by my blog. And happy that you enjoyed the interview. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you will come back soon.

Hugs

Micole

Harlow said...

Edie, I figured out a long time ago it was ok for my characters to be human. We all make mistakes, many of us for the right reasons. And sometimes even if they are for the wrong reason, depending on what that wrong reason is, we can move past it. Dexter is a perfect example. He's a serial killer! But he only kills bad guys, and even when he has an oops, we forgive him.

Harlow said...

Micole, thank you again for having me!

Anonymous said...

Oops - don't know why I didn't comment - after all, I've been following you and Edie all around the internet for the last 2 weeks!! LOL
Seriously, I learn something new with every blog, and I appreciate it - thank you Karin!
"A cowboy in Versace" Oh.Heck.Yes.