CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Spotlight Author with Cynthia Eden

Hope everyone has been enjoying their summer. Mine has been filled with craziness, though it’s been a good craziness. ;-) I have Cynthia Eden here with me today. She is sharing her upcoming release with us as well as giving away an ARC of the ANGELS OF DARKNESS. So make sure to stop in and say hi in the comments section at the bottom.

Tell us a little bit about your latest release NEVER CRY WOLF.

NEVER CRY WOLF is sexy paranormal romance about one fierce alpha. J Lucas Simone is the alpha of his pack, but Lucas has a big weakness—ladies in distress. So when Sarah King comes to him for protection, what’s a wolf to do? (Trust me—he does a lot!)

What are you working on now?

Right now I am working on the fourth book in my Fallen series (a series about Fallen Angels of Death). These angels are dark & dangerous & they can kill with a touch—I love them! (And I sure hope readers do, too!)

Where does your inspiration come from?

Everything. I get inspired by songs, movies, walks on the beach. Story ideas can hit me anytime, and when they do hit, I try to write them down as quickly as I can so that I can develop the stories more later.

How long does it take you to write a manuscript?

It takes me about 2 months to do a draft of a 90,000 word novel. After that draft, I put the manuscript away for a week so that I can get some distance from that story. That distance helps me to go back with a more objective eye. I use that objective eye to edit/revise for about 2 weeks—then I send the story to my editor.

Do you have any advice on writing, getting published, or finding an agent?

The best way to learn about the craft of writing is to read stories in your genre. What do you like about those plots? Those characters? How is POV handled? Read to learn…then write the story that appeals to you. Don’t be afraid of rejection (that’s just part of the business). Keep writing, keep submitting, and never give up on your dream.

If you had to pick a favorite character that you have created or one that you wish you had created who would it be and why?

That’s tough!! Okay…I really enjoyed Niol, my all-powerful demon from MIDNIGHT’S MASTER. Niol was a bad guy—very bad. I guess I just have a thing for bad boys. They make life interesting & more than a little interesting.

Now pick a character that you wished you had created from one of your favorite stories.

I wish I’d created Spike! I love both the Buffy shows & books, and I absolutely wish I had created the sarcastic and sexy Spike.

Cynthia, I am so glad that you joined us today at Micole Writes Romance. Thank you for all of the information as well as inspiration. I wish you many sales. Where can we find out more about you and your books?

Thank you, Micole! I really appreciate you inviting me over. Readers are welcome to visit my website (www.cynthiaeden.com) in order to learn more about my books. Thanks!

35 comments:

Cynthia Eden said...

Thanks so much for interviewing me, Micole!

Anonymous said...

Never Cry Wold was AMAZING! I just adored Lucas and his "soft" side.

Looking forward to the new book since I read all your stuff. I'd buy your grocery list if you put it for sale! :)

Grace tigmode@ live.com

DebbieB said...

Your books sound very interesting. Would love to read Angel of Darkness. Great interview.
Dpbussie@yahoo.com

May said...

I love Spike too. :) I mean... Angel is good and all but Spike has been my favorite. :)

Congrats on your new books... :)

KhelseyJackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KhelseyJackson said...

I love Never Cry Wolf, I've read it twice now. I have been looking foward to your fallen angel series for months! I can't wait for the first on Angel of Darkness!

Spav said...

I haven't read any of your Night Watch books but I loved the Deadly series. I can't wait to read the rest of your books!

Raonaid Luckwell said...

I've only read your Danger books (which was beyond awesome) and Hotter than Hell. I have Never Cry Wolf but I'm keeping that for a night when all is quiet, kid-hassle free time to enjoy it!

Looking forward to the fallen angel series! Sounds like it would be a GREAT series

Victoria said...

Hi Cynthia -
Excellent interview. Niol is my favorite too. He's so yummy bad ;)!
Can't wait for your Fallen Angel series.

Na said...

Hi Cynthia! I think a lady in distress is ideal for having an alpha male put his skills to good use. I like stories where the hero gets to shine :) I'm looking forward to your Fallen books.

Micole Black said...

Cynthia...

So happy that you are my guest! ;-)
Thank you to all of the commentors.
Hugs

Micole

BiteMeAsh said...

Hi Cynthia

I've not had the pleasure of reading your books but I'm looking forward to them now since FB ;)
Love the covers and can't wait to get reading *lol*

Cheerio,
Rita

BlackwaterMama said...

Cynthia, your books are on my TBR mountain and I've almost made my way to them after digging constantly. LOL. Angel of Darkness looks like an awesome read! Can't wait to read them all!!
jlkg102961 AT yahoo DOT com

Deborah Hine said...

Hi Cynthia, I love all your books, The Vampire's kiss is the first of your books I read and I've been hooked every since.

I'm just reading Never Cry Wolf now.

Can't wait to read your next series, sounds excellent from what I've read. And the Novel cover looks amazing.

englishbabe78(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

Cynthia Eden said...

Thank you, Grace! So glad that you enjoyed Never Cry Wolf. :)

Thanks, Dpbussie! Appreciate you checking out the interview.

Cynthia Eden said...

LOL, May, I feel the same way. Angel is good (and I really enjoyed him a lot...before Spike came on the scene). Thanks for the congrats!

Thank you, Booklover!! I'm so happy to hear that you liked Never Cry Wolf. And reading it twice is awesome--thank you!!

Cynthia Eden said...

Hi, Spav! Thanks for coming by & for reading my Deadly books!

Oh, Raonaid, I adore those quiet, hassle-free reading nights. Hope you get a good one soon!

Cynthia Eden said...

Victoria, I do love yummy bad. :) I'll have one of those guys (okay 2 of them) in my Angel series. Very bad guys, but they *can* be good.

Hi, Na! Those alphas need to use their skills--they can help a girl out! And thank you!!

Cynthia Eden said...

Micole, you are a most awesome hostess.

Thank you, Rita! I've been really fortunate with my covers--some great designers have done all the work.

Cynthia Eden said...

BlackwaterMama, I can totally understand the troubles of a giant TBR pile--I'm having the same issue righ tnow. Hope you enjoy the stories!

Thanks for all the comments!

michele said...

Hi Cynthia :)

As an avid fan of all your books I am looking forward to your new Fallen series. You mentioned that you are working on the 4th book. How many will be in this series?

mharper1023@gmail.com

angel said...

I really llike the cover! I would love to win the book and see if thr book is as good as the other ones.

JeanMP said...

Enjoyed the interview, it is always interesting to hear how authors get their stories out to us readers. Always enjoy reading your books, look forward to the next ones.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Stephanie M said...

I love Never Cry Wolf and your other paranormal romance books. I annot wait to read Angel of Darkness and the rest of the books in the series.

smccar1 at hotmail dot com

Chelsea B. said...

Really great interview!! I LOVE your books, Cynthia! You have been one of my all-time favorite authors for a while! :-)

Cathy M said...

Just got through reading Eternal Flame and your Dead series. I can't wait to read Never Cry Wolf and your upcoming Angel of Darkness.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Diane said...

I can honestly say there isn't one of your books I haven't enjoyed and I'm looking forward to Angel of Darkness!

dsadler53 at yahoo dot ca

Cynthia Eden said...

Thank you, Deborah! I am so very happy to hear that you enjoy my sotries. I hope you like Never Cry Wolf, too!!

Thanks for coming by, Michele! Right now, there are 4 books. After this book, I'll talk with my editor to see what she thinks about the next stories.

Cynthia Eden said...

Thanks, angel! I really like the cover, too!

Hi, Jean! Thanks for checking out the interview.

Cynthia Eden said...

Hey, Stephanie! Thank you!! The Angel of Darkness release is sneaking closer and closer.

Oh, Chelsea, thank you! You just made my night. :)

Cynthia Eden said...

Hope you enjoyed the stories, Cathy! Thanks for coming by & entering the giveaway.


Thank you, Diane! So very happy to hear that!

CatsMeow said...

Hi Cynthia. Niol has to be my favorite also. So tough and bada**. Can't wait for the Fallen Angels. Thanks for the giveaway.
c.

Pamk said...

LOve your stories. And can't wait for something new for you. this new series sounds fantastic.
scrtsbpal at yahoo dot com

donnas said...

Great interview. Love Cynthia's books and looking forward to reading the new ones.

bacchus76 at myself dot com

felinewyvern said...

I absolutely loved Never Cry Wolf.

Will be reading lts more of Cynthia's stuff from now on :D