CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spotlight Author with Lynda K. Scott

Hello friends,

Another week has passed and with that we have another author here at Micole Writes Romance. This week Lynda K. Scott has stopped by to tell us about her book HEARTSTONE.

HEARTSONE is the story of one man's quest to find a legendary weapon to save his people from an insidious invader who feeds on the minds and souls of his victims. But that weapon can only be used by one person, the woman who is his promised soul mate. And he must sacrifice her and their love to save the galaxy.

Also it's the story of a woman who's coming into her own power as she discovers who she really is and what she's capable of doing--that's a lot like women the world over!

What do Lynda K. Scott fans have to look forward to in 2010?

HEARTSONE will be released in April from Mundania Press and my website will get a new look. I've got my fingers crossed that the sequel to HEARTSONE will make an appearance this year too.

When did you know you wanted to pursue a writing career?

I've always wanted to pursue a writing career, but it hasn't been until the last few years that I've been able to afford a full blown effort. In the near future, I'm hoping to become a full-time writer. That's always been a dream.

How long was your road to becoming published?


Loooonnnnggggg! I've a whole bunch of half-finished manuscripts, several finished and a number of short stories and novellas lying around. The half-finished manuscripts will probably stay unfinished--they weren't that god to start
with. I like to think of them as training wheels, useful at first but discarded when no longer necessary.

How many books do you have under your writing belt?

I have 3 noels completed. HEARTSTONE is the first and should be available in April or May. I also have ALTERED DESTINY, which is set in an alternate universe peopled with aliens who resemble elves, dragons, and sexy Scottish men in an America that's far different from what we know.

The third novel is, RIDER, a futuristic romance filled with space travel, aliens and sexy heroes. It's the story of an orphaned girl and what happens when she becomes infected with a life changing parasitic alein.

ALTERED DESTINY and RIDER are still looking for homes.

If you had to pick one character in any of your books, who would be your favorite? And why? Or if you don't want to pick a favorite... which one do you connect with the most? And why?

I'd pick Devyn MacGregor from ALTERED DESTINY. Who can resist a braw, Scottish lad with the devil in his eye, a charming brogue and sexy knees? Especially if he has a really big sword, lol and Devyn, as the Reiver Lord, does have a big sword.

What is your favorite thing about being an author?

I love bringing the characters and their worlds to life. I love seeing through their eyes and experiencing their pains and joys, their failures and triumphs. It's like watching your children grow into adulthood and it's wonderful to see them have their happy-ever-afters.

Where can we find Lynda K. Scott and her books?

Your readers can contact me (and I love to hear from the readers) in several ways:

To join my newsletter, send a blank email to:
LyndaKScott-Newsgroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Be My Friend: http://www.myspace.com/lyndakscott

My Website: http://www.lyndakscott.com

My Blogs:http://www.lyndakscott.blogspot.com
http://www.star-crossedromance.blogspot.com

Tweet me: http://www.twitter.com/lyndakscott
Be My Friend on Bebo: http://www.bebo.com/lyndakscott
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lyndakscott

Lynda, thank you for stopping by Micole Writes Romance and sharing your books and your story with us. Until next time friends...

hugs

Micole

27 comments:

Sarah Simas said...

Hi Lynda and Micole!

I enjoyed learning about your writing, Lydna! The premise of Heartstone sounds intriguing and highly suspenseful. Thanks for sharing! Best wishes for continued success. :)

Lynda K. Scott said...

Thanks Sarah! It was a pleasure and a lot of fun to visit Micole's blog.

Lynda K. Scott said...

Oh, and I wanted to let your readers know if they leave a comment by Friday and then send me an email at lyndak.scott@gmail.com with your email address and MICOLE in the subject line and I'll put you in a drawing for a special mystery prize.

Debby said...

Hi :Lynda and Micole,
This is my first visit it. I enjoyed reading the interview. I really want to read one of your books so I am dding it to my list.

Lynda K. Scott said...

Hi Debby! Thanks! And if you want to, think about joining my newsletter group. Members get updates on my books and are eligible for prizes when I run short contests.

Pauline said...

Hi, Lynda! Another great interview. You're really wetting the appetite for Heartstone! Is the waiting as hard for you as its becoming for all of us? LOL!

wishing you MANY sales!
Pauline
GIRL GONE NOVA
THE KEY

Lynda K. Scott said...

LOL, yes, Pauline, the waiting is awfully hard! Thanks for stopping by!

Micole Black said...

Hello Debby and Pauline. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoyed the interview. And Lynda thanks for letting us know about the contest. I will Tweet it as well as post it on Facebook.

Thank you again.

Hugs

Micole

Linda Wisdom said...

As one who read Lynda's books early I will say they are fantastic!

And Rider needs a home. That book is beyond awesome.

Lynda K. Scott said...

Micole, I'm just sorry I didn't think to include the contest info in the interview (symptoms of two-much multitasking, lol). But I've got a couple of entries now and hopefully more will arrive today :-)

Lynda K. Scott said...

Hi Linda! You always say the sweetest things. Now if I can just get Rider sold!

Everyone, if you like clever and witty paranormal romance, check out Linda's Hex series. For more info, her website is www.lindawisdom.com

Pauline said...

The other books DO sound most intriguing! I hope you find homes for them soon!

It's funny how that is. As soon as I find a good book by a good author, I want all their books NOW. So it's not just the author having to wait. lol

Pauline

Lynda K. Scott said...

Thanks, Pauline. I'm the same way...give me one good book and I'm frothing at the mouth to get the next and the next and...you get the picture :-)

SiNn said...

your work totaly rocks awesome interview i cant wait till urnext book comes out keep up the good work

Lynda K. Scott said...

Thanks SiNn! And thanks for stopping by!

Pamk said...

great interview and I am definitely getting a copy of this when it is rereleased.

Unknown said...

Wow, this looks great. Can't wait to read it.

Angela Johnson said...

Linda, your stories sound great. Hope you find a home for them.

Angela

Lynda K. Scott said...

Hi Pamk, Micole definitely asked some interesting questions, didn't she? Thanks for stopping by!

Lynda K. Scott said...

Hi Marsha, thanks and thanks for stopping by!

Lynda K. Scott said...

Hi Angela, thanks a bunch!

Amy J Ramsey said...

Micole,
Amazing questions and an excellent interview. Thank you for sharing. It's great to find new authors and I will definitely be looking into Lynda's books in the near future.
Best of luck with your writing. Micole, you have a lovely blog.

Amy Ramsey
Ramsey's Reviews
www.trinagon.blogspot.com

Micole Black said...

I have to send a big thank you out to everyone who has stopped by my blog!!! This has been great! I hope you will all keep coming back.

Hugs

Micole

ElaineCharton said...

Just have to add my wishes for Ryder as well. Lynda's a fantastic author and I'm so thrilled that other people have finally realized that.

Lynda K. Scott said...

Aw {{{Elaine}}} Thanks for lovely comment and for stopping by!

Lynda K. Scott said...

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say how much fun I've had being her at Micole's site these past few days. I wanted to thank Micole for the opportunity to meet her readers and to tell all of you about my book. I wish I had a release date but, as happens, it's been pushed back so I'm not real sure other than it should be 'soon' :-)

I also wanted to announce that Amy has won the drawing for the mystery prize. I've already emailed her so she can supply me with her address.

Again I've had a great time. If any of you ever want to contact me, my email is lyndak.scott@gmail.com Hope all of you have a great weekend!

Micole Black said...

Thank you Lynda for being a guest and thanks to all of the visitors who have stopped by my page! I appreciate the traffic! :-)

hugs to all

Micole