CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What makes a hero hunky repost...

What makes a hero hunky?

This blog originally posted October of 2010, but I am bringing it back, because I thought it would be fun to do a segment on Hero's. I am in the process of reworking my first manuscript and loved my hero in that book. I was finished with the book before I started blogging, so I never really got the opportunity to let all of you drool over him. So enjoy the blog again and come back tomorrow for the second installment of a three-part blog mini series! ;-)

Hero’s come in all shapes and sizes. Thanks be to God for that! The best thing about being a writer is that I can shape and form my characters into what I want out of them. For example… I love a tall (6’5”), rough and rugged, hard-working, hard-to-tame, cowboy. The more stubborn the man the better I like him. I want a man who thinks he knows what he wants until he meets his heroine and then he falls to his knee’s (in a not so noticeable way to the heroine) in love with her. He fight’s his feelings but in the end he is tamed by his lady.

Call me primitive. Hey, maybe I am. That’s what I like. I am all about that Alpha male. You know… the one beating his chest. Ha ha. Maybe that’s going a little too far. But I still want the man to be the one in charge (or at least think he is)(wink). Now a days when writing a book, we are told that our heroine has to be strong, able to take care of herself. And yes I do agree with that to a certain extent. But let’s be real. How many of you ladies still want a car door opened for you or the door of a building? A man to take your hand, or pull out a chair for you? How about paying for dinner? What the hell is this going Dutch crap all about? Or the woman paying for the meal? I’m not sure where that came in?

Hero’s are usually defined as someone who serves and protects us everyday, someone who rescues kittens from a tree, people from a burning building or fights for his life and our freedom in a war. Hero’s are roll models to all of us. They are who we hope our children will take lessons from. They are such amazing people. But not everyone can be pulling someone from a burning building or fighting for our country. God Bless all of our everyday hero’s.

There are also the hero’s that teach us things about ourselves. The one’s that take care of us and show us how to love ourselves and that we can be loved—the prince that rides in on his white horse to save the day. A hero can be so many things. He is something and someone different to each individual.

And what makes a hero attractive can be so much more than just their hunkiness, ie. tall, dark, handsome, Mr. Muscles, dark hair, blond hair, wavy or straight hair, blue eyes brown eyes, eyes dark as coal, dimples, bronzed skin and well even that all famous cowboy hat. All of those things are just an extra incentive. (wink)

So this is what I want to know. What makes your hero hunky? Think about this and leave me a comment.

I am looking forward to hearing from all of you. Make sure to come back tomorrow when we talk more about hunk hero's, namely mine!Thanks for stopping by Micole Writes Romance.

Hugs

Micole

0 comments: